Approval Process for RVSM Operation
The RVSM approval process for aircraft operators registered in Japan is as follows:
- Register point of contact to JASMA using Form F1
- Complete RVSM aircraft engineering requirements for RVSM airworthiness approval evaluated by the JCAB
- Receive RVSM airworthiness approval from State CAA.
- Upon receiving airworthiness approval, the aircraft is qualified for height keeping performance monitoring.
- Complete RVSM operations and maintenance requirements for RVSM operational approval evaluated by State CAA
- Receive RVSM operation approval from State CAA and report the operation approval to JASMA using Form F2
Note: Operators are requested to ensure that the required numbers of aircraft are monitored to comply with the ongoing periodical monitoring requirement. (See “RVSM” – “Minimum Monitoring Requirements”)
RVSM Approved Aircraft registered in Japan